What is AFUE?

The method most widely used for rating furnace efficiency and measuring the amount of heat actually delivered to your home is the Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). AFUE compares the amount of fuel that is supplied to the heating unit with the amount it produces. In other words, standard systems with an AFUE of 80% simply means that the furnace converts 80% of the fuel it burns to warm for your house, but wastes the remaining 20%. High-efficiency heaters are over 95% AFUE, but you should keep in mind that the AFUE does not refer to the electricity usage of your system. It only looks at the seasonal energy efficiency of the HVAC fuel heating equipment. The more efficient a furnace is at converting fuel to heat the higher the percentage rating. Every HVAC unit has an AFUE rating so that you can easily compare units and buy the best HVAC system for your home.

Call Us At (817) 516-0700