Affordable Heating Maintenance Services in DFW & Arlington
Protecting Your HVAC Investment
At Metro Express Service, we know that the key to keeping your heating system running properly is to have regular heating maintenance performed, so we’re standing by to provide you with heating inspection professionals who can ensure your system is operating in peak condition.
Our heating maintenance experts service all types of heating systems, including heat pumps, heating systems, furnaces, and boilers, and all work is performed on your schedule. We check heating systems from top to bottom, and because we use the latest in diagnostics tools, we’re able to find potential problem areas before things get out of hand. This means that our customers in the Dallas, Fort Worth and Arlington, TX area are alerted to trouble faster so we can make necessary heating repairs.
Our Other Heating Services
Another major benefit to heating maintenance is that it can increase the efficiency of your system, ultimately saving you money. Properly maintained heating systems reduce waste, operate with less noise, and cut down on heating bills. Also, because your heating system has been maintained by the professionals at Metro Express Service, you can avoid costly repairs in the future. Remember, problems with your heating system only get worse over time, so it’s important to have regular heating maintenance performed, even during the warmer months. For quick service, you can count on our dispatch teams located in both Arlington, TX and the Dallas – Fort Worth, TX area.
What is Inspected During Heating Maintenance?
- Thermostat – During heating maintenance a thermostat will be inspected for multiple trouble areas. A thermostat is a highly sensitive component for a heating and / or cooling system and it will respond to even the slightest fluctuations in temperature. While it does have fewer parts that can break down than say the heating or cooling system it controls, it can be a source of issues.
Whenever a thermostat accidentally bumped the base may slip out of level, which may make the thermostat operate incorrectly. One of the most common problems with thermostats is the build-up of dirt, dust and other debris. These particulates can and will interfere with the thermostat’s ability to operate efficiently. Problems that can occur for example are increased usage because the thermostat is reporting incorrect temperatures.
- Air Flow & Pressure – In a forced-air system, air flow will be monitored and the technician will inspect for any blockages that could be restricting air flow, such as clogged air filters. The technician will also inspect for any breaches in the ductwork and check the fans for any signs of problems. If the ductwork is found to be excessively dirty the technician will suggest having duct cleaning performed.
- Dampers – No stone is left uncovered when Metro Express Service performs heating maintenance. During inspection, the dampers will be cleaned and the technician will check to make sure that they can open and close easily whether they are manual or automatic.
- Draft Fans – Draft fans, also commonly known as a draft inducer blower is a component inside of a heater that was manufactured after government-mandated efficiency standards were put in place. This component controls the amount and speed of air that moves through the heat exchanger unit. During maintenance a technician will inspect the draft inducer blower for any signs of wear and tear and will lubricate the blower including the motor shaft.
- Ignition Systems – Ignition systems can be found most heating systems such as a furnace. Prior to the ‘80s, furnaces would use either an intermittent pilot or a standing pilot. Modern furnaces will use either direct spark ignition or hot surface ignition. When you have your annual furnace maintenance, the technician will inspect the ignition system for the furnace for any signs of wear and tear. With HSI, or the hot surface igniter, the technician will inspect it for any signs of cracking. Typically, a HSI should last around 3 – 5 years.
- Fuel Delivery Components – The Metro Express Service technician will inspect the piping for any signs of damage and / or rust. Another component that will be inspected for any signs of wear and tear will be the gas valve and the manifold. Components will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer but you can rest assured knowing that the technician will inspect all of the components that control the flow of fuel to the heating system.
- Insulation – Another area that will be inspected with a Metro Express Service heating maintenance will be the insulation. The technician will inspect the insulation for any signs of wear and tear, efficiency and look for any signs of damage and if so make the necessary repairs.
Portable Heater Safety Tips
- If you do not already have smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors installed at home you should seriously consider doing so. If you do, you should periodically test the detectors to make sure they are working and exchange batteries when you do test them. If you find changing batteries to be tedious, one option you can look into is having the detectors directly wired into your home’s electrical system.
- Do not leave a portal heater on while unattended. If you have to leave the home, leave the room or go to sleep you should shut it off in order to advert the possibility of it tipping over in the night or starting a fire one way or the other.
- Everyone that resides in the home should be taught how to properly operate the portable space heater and most of all how to follow the safety guidelines while operating one. If you have small children in the home they should never be left unattended at all while around a portable space heater.
Read about more of our Portable Safety Tips on the various heating service pages across our website.
Our Heating Maintenance Professionals
Metro Express Service only hires qualified HVAC experts in Dallas, Fort Worth and Arlington, TX who have undergone a thorough screening process. We want you to feel comfortable with allowing our team into your home or business, so we’re also fully licensed and insured. All work is performed to your exact specifications, and we’ll always provide you with your heating service options so that you can make the right choice for your home or business and your budget. If repairs need to be made, we can generally take care of them on the spot, and don’t forget that we offer financing.