Lower Your Risk for a Carbon Monoxide Leak

Carbon MonoxideYou no doubt know just how deadly carbon monoxide be. This “silent killer” can’t be seen, felt or touched, but it can cause an immense amount of tragedy. Anything that burns fuel, such as a gas furnace, water heater, stove or dryer, can be a source for this dangerous substance. However, there are steps you can take that can reduce the chances you and your family will be endangered by carbon monoxide. The Carrollton technicians with Metro Express Service would like to share some information that can keep everyone in your home safe.

Deceptive Symptoms

Many people who are exposed to carbon monoxide don’t even know it. They simply think they’re coming down with the flu. This is especially true in the winter, when most people keep their windows closed on a regular basis and don’t spend a lot of time outside. In some instances, people may lose power during a winter storm and use a generator inside to run vital equipment such as their refrigerator or heater. If you have a generator and the power goes out, always keep it outside so you don’t run the risk of exposure.

Get a Carbon Monoxide Detector

Because your senses can’t alert you to the presence of carbon monoxide in your home, you need some help from technology. This is where carbon monoxide detectors come into play. It is essential that you have them installed throughout your home so that you’ll know if a leak is found. Try to keep them about 10 to 15 feet away from your gas appliances. If you have an alarm and it goes off, contact a technician as soon as possible so that the problem can be rectified.

Proper Maintenance is the Key

Have a technician check your gas appliances on a regular basis to make sure they are operating safely. At Metro Express Service, we’ll send someone to your home to check all your gas lines and equipment to ensure they are in proper working order. Don’t risk being exposed to carbon monoxide – contact us online or call us at 972-263-2500 to schedule a maintenance appointment. Have you ever experienced a carbon monoxide leak in your home? Share your story with us by clicking one of the social media buttons on this page.


Randy Murphy

Randy Murphy has been building his knowledge of the air conditioning and heating business for several years now. He first started applying his knowledge while working for his father’s HVAC company. Later, in 1987, Randy started his own business: Metro Express Service. He has been a top 10 Trane & Amana dealer for over eight years. When it comes to heating and cooling, Randy knows the business better than anyone.
Call Us At (817) 516-0700