Annual AC & Heating System Maintenance Services in DFW & Arlington
Arlington TX HVAC Maintenance Agreement Providers
Proper regular maintenance of your cooling and heating system is essential to comfort, health, and management of energy costs. While your air conditioning system is primarily tasked with controlling the air temperature in your home or office, it also maintains indoor air quality and reduces humidity in your living or work space. A system that runs constantly but barely keeps you comfortable most likely has an underlying issue that can be uncovered during a comprehensive tune-up from Arlington TX HVAC service providers Metro Express Service. Below are some of the most common issues plaguing an air conditioning system when they aren’t kept up with proper annual maintenance.
Air Handler (Indoor Unit Check)
- Dirty Air Filters These are a frequent cause of low suction pressure in ac systems and high-temperature rise in heating systems. This dirt can also start to accumulate on the evaporator coil. Excessive dust in the house, caused by improper filtration, can compound allergy and other health problems.
- Dirty Evaporator Coils These can restrict airflow, prevent transfer of heat to the refrigerant, and cause compressor failure because the compressor is not designed to pump liquid refrigerant.
- Evaporator/Drain Pan The drain line can be blocked by algae growth, which can result in overflow of up to 15 gallons each day, leading to extensive floor and ceiling damage.
- Blower Motor Heating With symptoms similar to dirty evaporator coils, this can cause sudden loss of heat under peak load conditions or excessive heat because of low airflow, causing damage to heating coils.
- Evaporator Coil Heating The life of the furnace may be shortened due to damage of the high limit safety switch, heat exchanger, or heating elements.
- Temperature Rise Minimum air flow coupled with maximum temperature rise can damage the heater, while maximum air flow providing only minimum temperature rise can cause cold drafts in the home or office.
- Wiring/Disconnects Loose connections and overheating can lead to a sudden loss of heat during peak load conditions.
- Heat Sequence & Control Typical damages include loss of heat under peak load conditions and damaged heating units, as well as a complete system shutdown.
- Thermostat A damaged thermostat will cause uncomfortable large temperature swings and lead to the damage of compressors.
- Heat Anticipator This can negatively impact furnace heating efficiency and lead to uncomfortable temperature swings in the controlled space, as well as damage to the thermostat.
- Air Flow Inconsistent or improper air flow issues are the result of poor design, installation, or damaged ducts. Increased utility costs, uncomfortable areas of the home, and shortened lifespan of all HVAC equipment are consequences of air flow issues.
Outside Condensing Unit Checks
- Condenser Coil Without cooling air, heat is not removed from the refrigerant, and the compressor may overheat and fail.
- Refrigerant Lines Undersized lines lead to reduced system capacity and oil return problems, which shorten the life of the compressor and increase energy expenditure.
- Compressor The compressor may be overworked and the bearings can seize, which causes damage to capacitors and an overcharged unit.
- Compressor Run Capacitor Overworking the compressor can lead to damage. Also, a weak or faulty capacitor will reduce starting ability and cause the compressor not to run smoothly, leading to overheating and failure. This is typically indicated by a higher than normal amperage.
- Start Capacitor Weak or faulty capacitors lead to reduction in starting torque for the compressor, which will then overheat and fail. Check the potential relay prior to placing the unit back in service, or the new capacitor may also be damaged.
At Metro Express Service, we will take a look at all of these elements of your air conditioning system and determine what maintenance and repair work may need to be done. Our experienced local heating and cooling technicians know the signs of typical wear and tear and will work with you to provide the best, most efficient, and fastest solutions to any HVAC problem.