Everyone is always trying to save money on summer cooling costs. Keeping the home cool during the summer can feel like a constant battle, kind of like trying to keep up with laundry. As the leading Forest Hill air conditioning service company, we like to give our customers as many tips as we can to help them stay cool without breaking the banks.
Try these ideas to cut summer cooling costs:
- Keep shades drawn as soon as the sun is up to block the heat from the sun from coming into your home.
- Plant shade trees and plants around the areas of your home that are most affected by the hot sun. This will keep your home’s temperature lower than it would be without vegetation.
- Make sure the weatherstripping around doors and the caulking around windows is in good shape to keep the heat out.
- Drop the temperature in the early parts of the day when it’s not as hot. If your home is well-insulated, it will hold the cool air during the day and the AC won’t be running during the hottest parts of the day that would make it struggle to run.
- Cook outside as much as possible. Avoid using appliances that create heat, like the oven and stove, to keep indoor temps down. You may also want to consider drying clothes on a clothesline during the summer so you’re not using the dryer.
All of these tips can help you to keep down your summer cooling costs and help to reduce the work load on your system.