A Helpful article with tips for getting your home’s heating system ready for the upcoming winter months.
Arlington, TX – Fall is just around the corner and that means that there will be cooler nights ahead of us. Now is a great time to get your home ready for the coming winter. The first thing you should put on your list is to schedule maintenance for your heating system. Annual maintenance will help ensure that your heat pump is working optimally. Moreover, you do not want to find yourself in a position where your heat goes out during the winter. Likewise, you should always plan ahead and be proactive with HVAC maintenance.
Energy-Saving Tips to do during the Fall
We do not always have extremely cold winters in the south. However, it is a possibility and there are almost always certain days during the winter where it chills you to the bone. Therefore, it is important to make sure that your home is ready to keep you and your family warm. Additionally, the onset of fall and the changing temperatures bring forth more energy and cost savings. Peruse the below tips to help keep your home warmer and save money too:
1. Open the curtains during the day to ensure that the incoming sunlight can help naturally warm the home. This will also reduce the need for lights since the sun will provide it for you. However, be sure you close the curtains at night to help keep the chilly air out.
2. If you have drafty windows, especially if you live in an older home – it can be a real nuisance with letting cold air into the home. To alleviate this and keep the heat inside, use plastic sheets and duct tape around the windows to seal them.
3. If you have a programmable or smart thermostat, you can set the temperature to a comfortable level while you are in the home. When you are not home, drop the thermostat down 15 degrees. This will help you save 10% or more on your winter energy costs.
4. Inspect your home for any leaks around pipes, windows, and doors where air can come into the home. If you find any seal them so that you won’t lose as much heat. Small details such as these can make a significant difference in the comfort of your home and of course the energy bill.
5. Finally, as we stated above but will repeat again is to schedule maintenance. Regular maintenance ensures that your heating system is running as efficiently as it can. Have your heat pump inspected as soon as possible, preferably during the fall so it is ready to go in the winter time.
Heat Pump Maintenance
Since a heat pump is basically an air conditioner and a furnace it should be maintained more often than if they were two separate systems. Additionally, heat pumps should be maintained at some point in the fall and spring. By doing so, you help ensure that the system will be able to operate at its maximum capacity. After all, the heat pump is working more often than a HVAC unit that is composed of a separate cooling and heating system.
Schedule Heat Pump Maintenance with Metro Express Service
In addition to the above basic tips, you should make sure that you schedule heat pump maintenance. Schedule service with a professional and certified HVAC repair company, such as MES. Our HVAC experts will perform a thorough inspection of your heat pump. Allowing our techs to diagnose and find any possible problems that the heat pump may have.
Metro Express Service is a leading heating and air service company with multiple locations throughout Arlington, TX. We are a dedicated, family-owned HVAC company that offers the best service at competitive prices. MES is also one of the leading TRANE dealers in the United States and has been in the top 10 for multiple years in a row. Whether you need maintenance, HVAC repairs, or new installs you can count on us.
To schedule comprehensive heat pump maintenance in Arlington, Dallas and Fort Worth, TX give us a call or contact us online today!